Some important section of hotel industry
Section is the most important of the hotel. Mainly three section are very important in hotel, they are food and beverage service, food production and housekeeping. These three section are the section which make the hotel easy run.
a)food and beverage service
Food and beverage service is a dynamic industry covering a wide range of job roles. It is the section where all the services are done through the waiter and waitress. Restaurant, bar, cafe etc are the area of food and beverage service. Basically, service is done when the guest entered in the restaurant then first of all the waiter/waitress should wish the guest as per the time , help them to sit, offer a menu, take order etc. is done in good manner and give them respect, show your behavior which impress the guest toward the organization which help to increase the revenue and name.
Food production is the process of transforming raw ingredients into prepared food products. Food production includes industries that take raw food products and convert them into marketable food items. Home food production includes converting produce into forms for long-term storage. Kitchen is the main food production area. Many safety majors are taken to prevent food because there are perishable and non-perishable food. Many equipment are used in kitchen to prepare food. In this section only related or authorized person can enter for the safety and security.
Housekeeping means up-keeping of the hotel. Up-keep means keeping a clean,comfortable and safe hotel. Housekeeping department in a hotel is responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and aesthetic upkeep of the property. This department is also responsible for every aspect of guest room that is to provide all the required guest supplies and materials according to the guest request during their stay in the hotel. At the same time, housekeeping maintains an ensure security for the rooms property and guest belongings.
Housekeeping department is responsible for the following:
- Cleaning and up-keeping of the hotel rooms.
- Cleaning of public areas.
- Laundering of guest linen.
- Issuing and collection of linens from various outlets.
- Cleaning of banquet halls and other food and beverage outlets.
- Placing of various VIP amenities, etc. in the VIP guest rooms.
- Co-ordination with the other departments of the hotel.
- Maintenance of the gardens.
- Cleanliness and maintenance of swimming pool.
- Implementation of pest control activities in all the areas of the hotel.
To manage housekeeping department efficiently and effectively, the following points should be considered:
- Design and decor of the guest bedroom, bathroom and floor pantries.
- Design and layout of sections of housekeeping.
- Selection of proper furnishings.
- Provide required equipment, supplies and amenities.
- Recruit skilled and semi-skilled manpower.
- Conduct theory and practical training program, as well as on the job training.
- Hire temporary staff for managing peak season.
- Specify the performance standard.
- Staff motivation and recognition.
- Plan and organize the work efficiently.
- Forecast budget.
The definition of a lobby is a central hall at the entrance to a building or a large waiting room.
- A hall or large anteroom, as a waiting room or vestibule of an apartment house, hotel, theater, etc.
- A large hall adjacent to the assembly hall of a legislature and open to the public.
- A public room next to the assembly chamber of a legislative body.