Wednesday, April 20, 2016
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF FRONT OFFICE DEPARTMENT
THE PRIMARY FUNCTION OF FRONT OFFICE MANAGER ARE:
1. Deal with room reservation request.
2. Prepare guest arrival and departure.
3. Check-in arriving guest.
4. Receive guest and help them to complete registration formalities.
5. Help in marketing and sales and promotion strategies.
6. Deals with various inquiries and information of in-house and out-house activity.
7. Settle account and departing guests.
8. Deals with mail, message and paging of guest.
9. Keep relevant guest record.
10. Produce daily report and statistics.
11. Take action and be the center of coordination during emergencies.
12. Handle guest complaints.
13. Co-ordinate paging the guest.
14. Deal with accident and unusual event.
15. Handle and control guest key.
Front office personnel
1. Front office manager
2. Assistant front office manager
3. Front office supervisor
4. Information assistant
5. Reservation assistant
7. Night auditor
8. Front office cashier
Essential attributes of front office personnel
1. Personal hygiene
2. Personal grooming
6. Retention ability
7. Good manner
9. Physical fitness and posture
10. Quick decision making ability
11. Communication and responsiveness